What’s better than a fresh, cold salad on a hot summer day? One made with fresh mozzarella! This Caprese salad is easy to whip up and is sure to be a crowd pleaser at your 4th of July BBQ!
Independence Day Caprese Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 16 oz package of fresh mozzarella cut into 1/2-in slices
- 3 large tomatoes cut into 1/4-in slices
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Alternate slices of mozzarella, tomato, and a basil leaf in a dish of your choice.
- Drizzle with balsamic and olive oil. (As an alternative, we’re a little obsessed with this balsamic option.)
- Salt and pepper to taste.